Tuesday, October 23, 2007

ORIGIN OF INGKY

Uncle Lim (pic), the founder of Genting Highlands, has passed away today at 11.20am, Harry Potter's Dumbledore is gay (not the happy type), and I'll be explaining how, where and when I got my nickname from. But first, Lim Goh Thong, one of Malaysia's richest man, has crossed over to the other side as of 11.20am. Maybe I can get some inheritance. Hmmm. As you see, my grandfather and Uncle Lim here came from the same village back in Fujian. The village is a very very small one and we both share the same surname. So maybe by some random luck we might somehow be related. :D Might mean I might get some moolahs! :D But I digress.


Most of my friends know me as Ing Kien or more affectionately, Ingky. Now where did this odd name come from? Well first of all, it makes sense as it's a shorter version of my real name. And people rather remember me as Ingky than any other name like Leng Chai, Cool Boy, Style Guru and others. I wonder why.


Back in Standard 2 which was approximately at the age of 8, there was a short story which we read in school about a naughty black cat called Inky. My friends then thought it symbolized everything I was: naughty, playful, mischievous and black (I was real dark then). And it so happened to sound like my name (dammit). So from then on I was affectionately know as Ingky. Stuck till this day which I think sounds kinda nice.


To seal the whole deal even further, a friend (which shall remain anonymous), decided to come up with a poem to go with my incredibly sexy nickname. After my primary school years it was forgotten as that friend left for another secondary school but then it so happened I met this friend of mine in college!! And that bastard remembered the poem he made up for me!! After that it stuck since. And it had been lingering around the mouths and minds of all my close friends.


Well here is what the poem sound like:


Ingky Bingky Bongky,
Mother bought a donkey,

Donkey died, Mother cried,

Ingky Bingky Bongky.



Hey, we were all kids back then!

No comments: